Sunday, June 7, 2009

Night Trip

So around 11:30pm, I had the idea to climb up an oak tree by the Rothko chapel and look at the full moon. So there I was sitting in the oak tree, enjoying the moon beams, when a University of St. Thomas security guard materialized and shined his light up at me. Our conversation went something like this:

Guard: And just what are you doing in that tree on a night like this?

Zemkat (without thinking): Um….witchcraft?

Guard: (angry stare)

The nearby swarm of feral cats and empty bottles of Schlitz Malt Liquor littering the base of the tree did nothing to help my case.

After it was determined that I was neither drunk nor sacrificing cats and that I was no real harm to the general population, I was allowed to remain in the tree staring at the moon. Until I fell down about ten minutes later, of course, because as it turned out, I really was quite drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment